Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Love to Play Puppy: Manufacturing Issue


I found a laugh and learn puppy at a garage sale for my daughter. I was really excited because these toys generally cost somewhere between $23-$35 dollars. I got it home only to find that the inside of it was rusted and new batteries didn’t work. I thought maybe some water got into it so the next time I went to a garage sale I told the lady what I found out from my previous experience. The lady gave me the toy for free but again I got it home to find that it too was also rusted. I found out that the batteries that were used in production leaked causing this problem.

 

The one on the left is 2003 and the other is 2008 making them, 9 and 4 years old. The funny thing is the newer one was more rusted than the older one.

 

My suggestion is that if you buy this toy to switch out the batteries when you buy it. It may prolong the life of the toy.





No comments:

Post a Comment