Sunday, October 21, 2012

Children's Bench

 

 I found this bench on the side of the road. I am one who hates to see things that can be fixed up go to waste. So this is what I did. I went to a garage sale and got a wall self for $3. This wood was used for the seat of the bench. I had a friend cut the wood into the size I wanted. I scraped all the peeling paint off, sanded it, and washed it. I went to the store and found a small can of paint in the clearance section. You can find paint a lot cheaper if you don’t mind pre-mixed paint.



I used the arms of the shelf to nail in the back end of the seat so it would be sturdier. When I put it together the seat was a little off but it still worked just fine.




I finally used a piece of lace and some gold spray paint and made this neat design. I really like how this bench turned out. I think I will use it for putting on children’s shoes. I will call it a shoe bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment